Most people think of New England when they think of beautiful fall colors, but West Sonoma County has plenty of fall colors on display. Where in New England the colors change mostly on the trees, here it is the grape vines as well that turn lovely combinations of gold, orange, plum and brown. Check out the article in the local paper by clicking on this link http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20081112/NEWS/811120278/1349?Title=Who_needs_New_England_
Some of our favorite fall drives:
- River Road out to the coast at Jenner (you follow the Russian River) bucolic pictures of cows and sheep on the hills and peeks of the Russian River in between our glorious redwoods
- Westside Road past wineries and vineyards in full fall color to lunch in Healdsburg
- Bohemian Highway is a wonderful 10-mile drive through towering redwoods, gorgeous pastures, rocky ravines, and three charming towns Freestone, Occidental and Monte Rio.
Wineries having Open Houses Thanksgiving Weekend:
- Paradise Ridge is offering wine for sale and holiday snacks.
- Acorn Winery will have festive snacks and wine tasting.
- Alexander Valley Wineries are seven wineries open after Thanksgiving for a Holiday Party. Visit Fieldstone, Hanna, Alexander Valley Vineyards, Johnson’s Alexander Valley, Sausal, White Oak, and Stryker Sonoma for award winning wines, discounts, and festive fare. Visit all wineries for a chance to win a gift basket. Fee: $5.00 per person, includes a glass
- Kendall-Jackson Holiday Open House Holiday, Celebration: Reception, Wine Tasting and Hors d’oeuvres. Art show and sale. Taste limited release wines, tour the gardens, and shop for holiday gifts.
- Thanksgiving Celebration at Pedroncelli Holiday will have great wines, holiday cheer and snacks.
- Dry Creek Vineyards’ Holiday Open House Holiday Celebration has become a local favorite during the long holiday weekend as guests enjoy tasty tidbits paired with an outstanding array of single vineyard wines and live music.
We hope you will have a pleasant Thanksgiving wherever you are.