These links represent some of our favorite places in the area. While we try to keep this list up to date, the area is constantly changing.
Wine and Food
- We recommend looking at The Wineroad Site. We are particularly fond of Porter Creek, Merry Edwards, Inman Family Winery, and a new addition to our favorites list Porter-Bass Winery.
- Da Vine Wine Tours comes highly recommended by our guests. It is affordable because Denise Andersen drives your car. We also can recommend California River Tours for all sorts of tours, not just wine.
- Some of the fabulous restaurants include Applewood Inn, Bistro 29 , Dick Blomsters Korean Diner, a Korean pop-up in Pat’s check out their new review , Boon Eat Drink, The Backyard in Forestville and River’s End for a view of the Pacific at sunset.
Want spa treatments?
- Get an in-room massage from Kendra Blair Badock. She does Swedish, Deep Tissue, Sports Massage, Polarity, Hot Stone, Energy Work and Aromatherapy. We will help you book an appointment or you can email or call her yourself. firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 707-484-1528.
Want to lead a more active life style?
- Check out activities at our local parks run by the good folks with the Stewards of the Coast and Redwoods
- or canoe trips at Burke’s, Soar Canoe Trips or King’s
- For moderately priced Kayak Rentals try John at Lotus Kayak Rentals in Jenner 707-865-9604
- or most recently a zipline adventure at Sonoma Canopy Tours.
- Click here to check out a recent article about cycling in the area.
Then there is cycling, here is what Mark says:
- Wine Country Bikes specializes bike rentals and bike tours. They have both hybrids and road bike (aluminum & carbon fiber). They are located in Healdsburg.
- Spoke Folk Cyclery is a good bike shop in Healdsburg that also rents bike. Healdsburg has some very nice easy vineyard rides.
- And last but not least is Bike Rentals with a twist who will deliver to Guerneville. http://www.rivertidersrentals.com
Want some nightlife?
- The Russian River Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence do a monthly bingo game which is fun even for those of us who, since childhood, cannot stand bingo and the proceeds go to worthy charities.
- The old movie theater in Guerneville has now been redone and is a venue for all kinds of interesting events. Check out the schedule at Jerry Knight’s River Theater.
This list is also not exhaustive. If there is something you’re looking for but it’s not on this list or you’re looking for a personal recommendation, please ask us. We’re happy to help.