These links represent some of our favorite places in the area. While we try to keep this list up to date, the area is constantly changing.
Wine and Food
- We recommend looking at The Wineroad Site. We are particularly fond of Porter Creek, Merry Edwards, Inman Family Winery, and Porter-Bass Winery
- Ron Smith at Russian River Limousine is a local independent driver with a 6 passenger limousine.
- Da Vine Wine Tours comes highly recommended by our guests. It is affordable because Denise Andersen drives your car. Also offering to drive your car is Wine Driver Napa-Sonoma Valley. We also can recommend California River Tours for all sorts of tours, not just wine.
- Some of the fabulous restaurants include Bistro 29 , has a Michelin Bib, Dick Blomsters Korean Diner, a Korean fusion restaurant in an old fisherman’s diner, Garden Grill, Betty’s Spaghetti, Boon Eat Drink a restaurant featuring farm to table barbecue for lunch and dinner, The Backyard , a restaurant with a Micheline Bib featuring farm to table dishes with locally sourced ingredients in Forestville, Hazel in Occidental, and River’s End for a view of the Pacific at sunset.
Want spa treatments?
- Get an in-room massage from Kendra Blair Badock. She does Swedish, Deep Tissue, Sports Massage, Polarity, Hot Stone, Energy Work and Aromatherapy. We will help you book an appointment or you can email or call her yourself. email@example.com or phone 707-484-1528.
Want to lead a more active life style?
- Check out activities at our local parks run by the good folks with the Stewards of the Coast and Redwoods
- or canoe trips at Burke’s, Soar Canoe Trips or King’s
- For moderately priced Kayak Rentals try John at Lotus Kayak Rentals in Jenner 707-865-9604
- or most recently a zipline adventure at Sonoma Canopy Tours.
Then there is cycling, here is what Mark says:
- Wine Country Bikes specializes bike rentals and bike tours. They have both hybrids and road bike (aluminum & carbon fiber). They are located in Healdsburg.
- Spoke Folk Cyclery is a good bike shop in Healdsburg that also rents bike. Healdsburg has some very nice easy vineyard rides.
- And last but not least is Bike Rentals with a twist who will deliver to Guerneville. http://www.riverridersrentals.com
Want some nightlife?
- The Russian River Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence do a monthly bingo game which is fun even for those of us who, since childhood, cannot stand bingo and the proceeds go to worthy charities.
- There is music at the Rio Nido Roadhouse and Mainstreet Station and Caberet.
This list is also not exhaustive. If there is something you’re looking for but it’s not on this list or you’re looking for a personal recommendation, please ask us. We’re happy to help.